Use This Welcome Email Formula To Turn Subscribers Into Paying Customers
The other day, some guy was chirping on Twitter that if you’ve ever been on a date, you can do email marketing.
He was like — Hey, your email content is an introduction. And the CTA is asking them out. And if they accept, you have a purchase.
I couldn’t help but ask him: is it successful if you don’t get a second date?
Because, who wants to binge date?
Also, don’t you think email marketing isn’t dating?
It’s more like marriage.
When people get on your list, you want them to get involved and stay there long enough to repeatedly buy from you.
You want the happily-ever-after with them, not the dumped-after-getting-laid.
But if happily-ever-after is what you want, why would you text them this 👇?
Hi, First Name,
Thank you for registering. Click on the link below to confirm your registration and get the freebie we promised you.
In email marketing, 👆 is the recipe for happily-NEVER-EVER.
“But I’m terrible at courting”
How are you supposed to court your new subscribers?
What should you tell them to make them stay, instead of just “Hi” and “Bye”?
Well, for once, you want to:
- Freshen up their memory — remind them who you are and why they’re getting your email;
- Create a nice human interaction — make them know they’re talking with a human, not with Blah-Blah Company;
- Deliver on your promise — give them what they asked for when they handed you their email list;
- Give them reassurance — confirm that they’ve made the right choice and they’re in the right place;
- Be selective — qualify your leads and, if they don’t fit, give them a quick and obvious way out;
- Set expectations — tell…